This chicken taco recipe was made with the intention of bringing a delicious flavor combination together (chicken, lemon, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper) to enhance any Mexican themed feast. The flavors are bold enough to satisfy adults and yet simple enough to be adored by kids. One of my favorite tricks when it comes to crispy tacos is putting sour cream on the bottom of the taco shell so all of the ingredients stay put.
- In a large sauté pan melt the butter and add the diced shallots, season the shallots with salt and stir.
- When the shallots are glossy and aromatic add the chicken and stir into the shallots.
- Season everything with salt and cracked fresh pepper.
- Once the chicken begins to brown a little Add the lemon juice and stir into the chicken.
- Next add the garlic powder and paprika.
- Cook for 3-4 more minutes and remove from the heat.
- Serve with toasted corn taco shells, sour cream, avocado, chopped cilantro, sliced radishes and salsa verde.
What’s your favorite Mexican dish to make at home for your family? We want to know.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and small diced when raw
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons diced shallots
- 4-6 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 small lemons (or 1 large), juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cracked pepper
- 8 taco shells
- Sour cream
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1-2 avocados, cubed and lightly salted