Pasta (rotini) carbonara
Servings: serves 2 | Time: 30 minutes
Classic pasta carbonara recipes are made with spaghetti rather than rotini, because I always have rotini around because my kidsIf you make it you can always make it with spaghetti instead. This dish is a delicious dish is a blend of rich creamy sauce and lots of black spicy pepper. It’s peppery pasta perfection.
- Cook four pieces of bacon in a large nonstick pan.
- Cook the bacon until it’s golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove the bacon and ¾’s of the bacon grease. Reserve the rest of the bacon grease in the pan.
- Turn the fire back on and then add the onions to the hot fat.
- Sauté the onions on medium low heat until they are soft.
- Then chop and add the ¾’s of the bacon to the onions.
- Cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the rotini pasta and toss everything together.
- Next turn the fire off and add the egg mixture to the pasta and cook everything for 2-3 minutes stirring well.
- Next add three tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and keep stirring.
- Return the pasta on a very low fire and keep stirring.
- The pasta should have a delicious yellow and creamy sauce look.
- Season the pasta with parsley, salt and lots of cracked fresh pepper.
- Top the pasta with the remaining bacon, parsley, and Parmesan cheese and of course black pepper.
- Voila literally a twist on an old favorite.
2 cups cooked rotini pasta
4 pieces of apple wood smoked bacon
¼ Vidalia onion, small diced
1 tablespoon Italian parsley chopped
3 eggs, beaten
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Cracked black pepper