Individual Key Lime Pie Tarts
Servings: 8 tarts | Time: 3 hours 58 minutes including chilling time
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat eight 4-inch tart pans with nonstick spray. Place on 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- In medium bowl combine graham crackers, almonds, melted butter, vanilla, and salt. Mix well.
- Divide crumb mixture evenly between prepared tart pans. Press crumb mixture evenly on bottoms and up sides of each tart pan. Chill 10 minutes.
- Bake 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Let cool on wire rack.
- For filling, in large bowl beat egg yolk with electric hand mixer on medium speed until light in color (3 to 4 minutes).
- By hand, stir in sweetened condensed milk, lime zest and lime juice. Pour into baked tart shells.
- Bake 10 minutes or until filling is firm when lightly touched.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours. Garnish with key lime slices, if desired.
Nonstick cooking spray
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup finely chopped toasted sliced almonds
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 egg yolks
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
Zest from 4 key limes (about 2 Tbsp.)
1/3 cup key lime juice
16 Fresh key lime slices (optional)