Fig and Morel Mushroom Fettuccine
Servings: | Time: cook time: 20 minutes
Place mushrooms in small bowl. Top with boiling water to cover. Let stand 20 minutes. Drain mushrooms and squeeze out excess liquid. Slice mushrooms.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain; keep warm.
In very large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels; crumble. Drain drippings from skillet.
In skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup reserved pasta water and whipping cream. Bring to simmer. Add cheese, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Simmer until slightly thickened.
Add fettuccine and parsley; return to simmer, adding additional pasta water if needed. Remove from heat. Add figs. Sprinkle with additional fresh parsley, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
- 1 (1/2-ounce) package dried morel mushrooms
- 6 ounces dried fettuccine
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 12 Sierra and/or Brown Turkey figs, stemmed and quartered