Mango Chicken Enchiladas
Servings: 2-3 servings | Time: 2 hours
Enchiladas are great comfort meals. This enchilada recipe is tangy and sweet with a hint of sophistication. What’s your favorite type of enchilada?
- Chop all of the chicken into a small dice
- Heat a large sauté pan and add olive oil to the pan.
- Add the shallots and jalapeno to the sauté pan and cook on medium heat until they are glossy and aromatic.
- Add the chicken (and make sure it is very dry) and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the paprika, salt and pepper to the chicken.
- Stir everything together and finish cooking (another 6-7 minutes)
- Squeeze lime juice all over the chicken and set aside.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray
- Next heat the tortillas in a large non-stick pan, add chicken to the tortillas and roll the tortillas.
- Place filled tortillas into the baking dish and continue until you use everything.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the enchiladas and bake in a 325-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with sliced green onion and sour cream.
- In a blender add all of the ingredients and blend well.
- Set aside
2 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons oil
½ tablespoon paprika
1 shallot minced
½ jalapeno, deseeded and minced
12 soft corn tortilla
½ cup sour cream
2-3 green onions sliced
2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed
3 limes juiced
1 shallot, minced
2 green onions, minced
¼ jalapeño (if you like spicy add more), minced
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)