Servings: 4 each
A basic grilled chicken is extremely versatile and can be used for an array of dishes. For example you could use it for chicken burritos, chicken salad, chicken tacos, chicken sandwiches and the list goes on and on. When using this recipe as an add on to other dishes you may want to leave out the paprika.
Grilled chicken is best made hot and fast to lock in the flavor of the juices. Lower temperatures causes the juices to run out of the chicken.
Other ways you can add juiciness to plain grilled chicken is by marinating the chicken in buttermilk or salt and water for 30-45 minutes. It will break down tough fibers in the chicken making it tender and the mild flavor of the salt or buttermilk won’t change the flavor of the chicken.
You can also make these grilled chicken breasts in larger quantities and then use them for the next three days in sandwiches, soups and salads. It’s a great make ahead meal.
- Trim the fat from the chicken breast.
- Sprinkle all of the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides.
- Add olive oil to the chicken.
- Rub everything into the chicken breast.
- Heat a grill pan or the grill to a hot temperature.
- Cook the chicken 6 minutes a side.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1-tablespoon paprika
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper