Gazpacho was one of the things I fell in love with while working at a restaurant in
Santa Monica California. Gazpacho is best when the vegetables are at their best, summer, and the soup is best after it refrigerates for a while.
This soup is slightly spicy and can be made more spicy by increasing both black pepper and jalapeños. This soup has a great bite to it and has a delicious tomato base.
Please know this video was from SOOOOO LOOOOONG AGOOOOO!!!!!
Dice all vegetables to the same size dice. About ¼” by ¼ “, because it allows you to get a spoonful of vegetables.
Mince the jalapeno, and make sure you remove the seeds.
Place vegetables in a large bowl, then add the tomato juice, limejuice, and sherry vinegar to the bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste. garnish with cilantro.
Peppers can be tricky to dice. I find it is easier to cut the top and bottom off first then remove the white interior parts and seeds. Then cut it shiny side down on the cutting board. The interior is easier for some reason to cut.
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 1 each cucumber
hot house, deseeded, peel on, small diced
- 1/2 each red onion small diced
- 1/2 each yellow bell pepper deseeded and small diced
- 1/2 each red bell pepper deseeded and small diced
- 1 each Roma tomato deseeded and diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups sherry vinegar
- 1/2 each jalapeno deseeded and small diced
- 3 each limes juiced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro minced