Chilled Heirloom Tomato Soup
Servings: 8 | Time: 15 minutes
A chilled tomato soup is delicious during a hot summer day, why you ask? The crisp and citrusy soup has a spicy touch to make it a wonderful dish when nothing sounds good.
In blender, combine cubed tomato, zucchini, cucumber, the chopped shallot, and half jalapeño. Puree until smooth. Season to taste with sherry vinegar, salt, and pepper. Top each serving with basil leaves, jalapeño slices, and chopped zucchini, cucumber, and tomato for garnish. Makes eight servings.
- 3 ½ cups cored and cubed red heirloom tomato
- 1 ½ cups peeled and cubed zucchini
- 1 cup peeled and cubed cucumber
- ¼ cup chopped shallot
- ½ jalapeño, seeded
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 8 slices jalapeño
- Finely chopped zucchini, cucumber, and tomato