In my early 20’s I worked at a restaurant called Larchmont grill and the owner at the time had a
love for this delicious salad. I fell in love with it as well, it’s a bizarre concoction of creamy, salty, sweet goodness, and if it weren’t for him I would have never known.
This recipe has a slightly fiery twist. The chipotle powder adds a layer of spiciness that’s out of this world.
Barbq chicken salad
Course: Dinner, Lunch, Main, Salad, Sides
Keyword: salad, recipe, barbq, chicken, salads, dinner ideas, summer
Servings: 2 People
- 1/2 cups carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 ea red bell pepper deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup corn lightly cooked
- 1 each Roma tomato small diced
- 2 each Chicken breasts small diced
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper powder
- 1/2 cup blue corn tortilla chips
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/8 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup barb sauce
- tt to taste Kosher salt and pepper
- Preheat a grill pan or your grill to a medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle your chicken breast with chipotle powder, salt and pepper.
- Spray your chicken breast with nonstick spray to prevent it from sticking to the grate and to help give it better color.
- When the grill or grill pan has come to the appropriate temperature add your chicken breasts and cook them for 15 minutes, 7 ½ per side, and don’t forget to turn rotate the chicken for grill marks.
- In a large bowl add the carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes, corn and lettuce.
- Next, when the chicken has cooled, slice it on an angle and then add it into the bowl.
- Add the ranch dressing and turn the lettuce with a plastic spatula (the one you would use for mixing cake batter).
- Next season the salad with salt and cracked pepper and keep tossing.
- Next, add the chicken and tortilla chips.
- Place everything onto a platter or individual plates.
- Drizzle barbq sauce all over the top (I promise it’s delicious).
- Remember this is a large dinner or lunch salad and should be served as the main course, but if you want it as a side half the amount.
- Serve and enjoy.