What do you do on a crazy hot summer Southern California day and two littles ones trapped inside? Well, I make and create a yummy m&m cookie recipe of course, so when you’re trapped with your little ones you have something to bake with them. These cookies are crispy and sugary with lots of M&M’s. They are kids tested and approved.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2-cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1/4-teaspoon salt
- 1-teaspoon baking powder
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Soften the butter in a microwave for 2-1o second intervals.
- In a mixing bowl, add softened butter and both sugars.
- Mix everything together with a plastic spatula or a Kitchen Aid mixer.
- Once the sugar is completely incorporated into the butter add the two eggs and vanilla then mix well with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients.
- Next, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well while you’re adding the ingredients.
- Last fold in the M&M’s.
- Scoop and lightly roll the dough into 2-inch balls and place them on a light-colored cookie sheet or a Silpat.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes on a Silpat in the middle rack of the oven.
What is your favorite thing to bake on a rainy day with kids?