When I created this recipe my goal was to bring out the delicious flavors of the fruit and not mask them behind the dressing. Confession, I really really dislike strawberry vinaigrette and to my dismay when this salad is typically served at parties the go to dressings is red and sweet. If you love strawberry or raspberry vinaigrette be my guest to add it to this delicious salad.
- In a large bowl add the lettuces, cheese and walnuts.
- Toss the salad together.
- Next, add the berries and pour or squeeze the juice from one lemon and lightly toss everything together (don’t forget to catch the seeds).
- Then season the salad with salt and the olive oil.
- Lastly, toss everything together and taste it to see if needs more acidity. If the salad does need more then squeeze the last half of the lemon on the salad.
- Serve with fresh cracked pepper and enjoy.
What is your favorite dressing for berry salads?
Like what you see, please let us know and rate our recipes.