Servings: 12 each
A Popover is an easy recipe and they are made from very simple ingredients- eggs, flour, butter and salt. However, when they are beaten together and added to an extremely hot oven- magic happens.
The batter fills with air and the eggs act like a rubber balloon and keep all the air in. The high temperatures crisp the outside of the popover leaving the inside smooth, soft and buttery. Popovers are delicious and definitely a good bread to pass at a dinner party or perfect for a brunch to serve with sweet and tangy raspberry preserves.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the eggs, flour, milk, butter and salt to a bowl.
- Whisk everything together.
- Wipe the bottom and sides of a muffin tin with butter.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and fill each muffin cup ¾ of the way full.
- Place the tin in the oven for 30 minutes and do not open it until they’re done.
- After 30 minutes remove them from the oven and dump them on to a towel and stand the straight up so they can cool.
- Serve with butter.
1-½ cup flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted (+ extra grease the pan)
1 1/2 cup of milk